Why Relax & Breathe?
There’s a well known saying: “You are what you eat!” This holds true because by eating, you are taking foreign elements into your system, which are then distributed, around your body. The same is true when you breathe. What you breathe is absorbed by your body and will either help or hinder you. Inhaling airborne contaminants / toxins into a healthy body will harm your health.
Relax & Breathe helps remove all airborne contaminants from inside your car cabin, helping you avoid toxic pollutants. Do we really need this?
In the first
The EU recognises the implications of airborne toxins and has sought to motivate its member states to reduce their pollution levels to fall within EU guidelines, to promote the good health of its residents. To this day, member states (including the UK) are still fined for continually exceeding safety limits for poor air quality.
Many of these toxins have been linked to problems with child development and other ailments including respiratory illnesses and other serious health concerns affecting those of all ages. Some studies have even identified air contaminants from traffic fumes, urban decay and industrial smog as being strong contributors to premature death! Poor air quality can be a killer, if left un-dealt with.
As an individual, there are many personal reasons why you need Relax & Breathe:
- • remove traffic fumes or other toxic airborne pollutants, while travelling by road;
- • remove airborne allergens making travelling safer and more comfortable, due to reduced allergic reaction;
- • reduce the exchange of air-spread illnesses with people travelling with you;
- • enjoy a clean neutral smell within your car by removing lingering bad smells from the air, instead of trying to overpower them with stronger scents;
- • be a safer, more responsible driver by increasing your alertness and delaying fatigue;
- • enjoy a less stressful journey by reducing electric smog and the other factors that contribute to it.
If you value the above, you are not alone. The 2005 European Commission report on ‘Social Values, Science and Technology’ shows an average of 79% of EU citizens consider improving the environment an important issue (with the segment least interested in this, showing a 73% concern level). Are there other sources that suggest your health could be in danger from poor air quality?
- • The European Commission holds the general opinion that “outdoor air pollution aggravates respiratory allergies and is suspected of causing allergies,” naming gases, fumes and dust as significant contributors.
- • The World Health Organisation recognises traffic produced air pollution as responsible for at least 100,000 deaths each year.
- • The UK’s Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs has confirmed exposure to air pollution worsens asthma and other chest complaints (Ambient Air Quality Directive [2008/50/EC], Air Quality Standards Regulations 2010).
- • Sept 2010 the European Commission has specifically identified and ordered several EU states to comply with Directive 2008/50/EC in reducing airborne pollutants. They concluded the airborne pollutants monitored can cause asthma, cardiovascular problems, lung cancer and death.
- • May 2010 the Columbia Centre for Children’s Environmental Health (CCCEH) in New York, USA determined from a study in Poland, that airborne pollutants both damage children’s health generally and stunt their intellectual ability.
- • Doctors all over the world recognize air pollutants enhance allergic reaction and that late spring / summer is the worst time for most allergy sufferers because of air carried pollen.
- • The medical profession widely recognizes fungal spores, dust mites and animal dandruff as additional allergens, beyond pollen – all of which can be found in cars (the amounts depending upon the lifestyle of the car owner / user).
- • One mainstream British insurer acknowledges statistically 72% of UK drivers will be affected by summer allergen related distractions while driving (itchy and watery eyes, blocked or runny noses, frequent sneezing, etc) and estimate over 7% have either had an accident, near miss or momentarily lost control of their car due to sneezing. Surveys have shown 30% admit to taking their eyes off the road to search for tissues when suffering symptoms.
- • Pharmaceutical manufacturers, Doctors and Medical Journalist acknowledge over the counter and prescription medicine designed to relieve summer allergens can have many negative side effects (drowsiness, headaches, lightheadedness, nervousness, blurred vision, etc), especially when mixed with pastimes the user is familiar with (certain foodstuffs, caffeine, alcohol, etc).
- • Lastly, each and every year, newer and more deadly mutated strains of viruses are discovered, adding to the already vast number of air spread viruses and germs that cause illness and infection, causing global fear and panic.
It is clear that the world’s governments, medical and insurance organisations believe you need protection from airborne pollutants, infections and irritants based upon their own scientific, social and statistical research. If they consider this a cause of concern, when will you take action to help ensure the welfare of those you love and value?
Each year you pay hundreds of pounds towards ‘remedial’ Health Insurance via voluntary and statutory contributions supporting the NHS. This gives you basic health treatment but will not remove the suffering experienced by illness. For less than 3 pence per day, you can help avoid that suffering and prolong your good health by using Relax & Breathe as one form of ‘preventative cover’.